Why have money if you can’t have happiness to???

In ” how to buy happiness” by Sonja lyubomirsky she explains that it is so believed that “money can buy happiness” when in reality it can’t. When college students were asked where they wanted to be in life they basically said being very good financially. Isn’t that the American dream? The truth is you can be happy making minimum wage and miserable make $200,000 a year. Sonja says that when people first come into the life of money they are happy but then as time goes on they become used to it and their life becomes just as normal as those with less money then them. In the article a plastic surgent was asked if he was happy with his job. His response was the opposite of what you would expect a man of his status to say! He answered that at first it was good but then he became basically unhappy and unsatisfied by his job. He was making all this money and living a life that many would only dream to live and he was unhappy! Why have money when it only caused problems. Money shouldn’t only be spent on you because that’s what you call being selfish. You should think of others and what they would want. Only happiness will come out of helping somone else other then yourself. Money has more power then people think. Most people think it’s just their so you can spend it on whatever you want when you should really be seeing how you can help other maybe even have a huge affect on the world in a positive way.

My thoughts on this is that I completely agree with this. I’m sure everyone would want to wake up tomorrow being a millionaire and being able to buy whatever their hearts desire. But in the end you will get tired of your life, it’s like your life is a movie being played over and over agin and eventually you will get bored. Money has it’s limits! It’s always nice to have enough money where you can live comftable Knowing that your bills are paid and you have a house and shelter but once money become to much things change. The last sentence stood out to me the most because I believe it had the most meaning and basically summed up the how article. ” the key to buying happiness is not in how financially successful we are, but what we do with it; it’s not how hight our income is, but how we allocate it. ” This quote explains how it’s not how much money you have it what you do with it and that’s how true happiness is fulfilled; by doing more with something then you actually thought you could ever do.