I started blogging for The Buzz in January 2016 (Spring 2016 semester) as a Student Blogger. I started blogging for The Buzz for a couple of reasons:
- I didn’t have the time or day to join a club or events that were happening around City Tech, but when I received an e-mail in my inbox that there were blogging opportunities with The Buzz I quickly sent in my resume. Although I was busy working and going to school, I knew I had time to squeeze out posts about my experience with food, blogging, and restaurants in the evening.
- I also wanted to build my portfolio and show future employers that I blog and write beyond what’s expected from me as a student in school. I write on three blogs (two of which I launched on my own) and I am an active Yelper.
- I know City Tech has a news publication team – New Tech Times which I have written for before about food too, but technology has evolved and so have I so I wanted to put my experience, thoughts, and ideas with The Buzz.
- I know that City Tech cafeteria food isn’t the best so I wanted to show and open up City Tech students and faculty of the neighboring restaurants and food spots that they can try out.
- If you don’t already know, food is one of my biggest passion and love!
- I also love to write and blog. I’ve been blogging for over 10 years and it makes me good to share my individuality, my feelings, and experiences.
- I was reading blog posts from previous bloggers for The Buzz and everyone has their own blogger voice, but I wanted to bring something fresh, fun, and personal.
Everyone joins a team, club, event, and etc. for different reasons. You’ve just read why I joined The Buzz and if you’re a student blogger or photography blogger for The Buzz, why did you join The Buzz? or If you’re a blogger, why do you blog?