The Tea Ways

Gen here! How’s it going, City Tech?

On today’s agenda, I wanted to bring up a kind of tea known as Oolong. As far as the name’s origin, it is said that this tea was specified after its place or birth, the Wuyi Mountain. It was discovered by a man named Sulong Wulong. As I mentioned last week, tea can be a useful factor in our lives,Not many like the taste or the thought of drinking tea because they believe it’s only leaves and hot water but, it’s more than that; it’s a way of life and a  key to successfully good health.

According to an article written by Josh Axe, “food is medicine.” Oolong tea contains flavonoids, caffeine (although not as much as black tea), theanine and fluoride. However, ladies in gentlemen as a disclaimer, the information provided is not intended to replace health care professional help, please seek advice from a doctor or a licensed physician for more pressing matters, or serious illnesses.

In the article Axe explains that “Many oolong tea benefits are due in part to the presence of catechins, a particular type of flavonoid. The list of those benefits is not what you’d call short—oolong tea is associated with lower instances of heart disease, obesity and cancer; prevention of diabetes; a reduction in both inflammation and oxidative stress; increase in cognitive function; healthy skin and even healthy bones.” It’s due to these antioxidants that people can use teas as a way to lose weight; both Oolong and green tea give amazing results. Due to my slim figure, I don’t drink much of either teas because I’ve seen the results work myself, and quite frankly I’m trying to gain weight not lose, so I drink other types of teas instead. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover; give it a try, because it may be beneficial for you. Let me know what you think and what you’ve tried, comment below!

1 thought on “The Tea Ways

1. I totally agree that tea is more than just leaves and hot water. I don’t drink it often, but when I do it’s because I enjoy the benefits from flavor to health. Sometimes I drink it to soothe my stomach or as an alternative to artificial beverages. I have yet to try Oolong, but thanks for pointing me to it.