The Forgotten

A rush of excitement flows through, every time I visit these lonesome alien world call abandoned places. As you explore, you tend to ask yourself the question. Who lived here? Where did they go? Left untouched for so many years. Peeling walls, molds and dark corners creates beautiful scenes to capture.

It’s truly amazing that, there are so many abandon places, like hospitals, schools, train stations and many others here in New York that you can easily explore. I often ask myself why have the owners abandoned this place? Why didn’t they demolish it? Or maybe they left it untouched and so people like myself and other photographers and urban explorers can explore and capture whatever memories that was left behind.

graffiti

“For things to reveal themselves to us, we need to be to ready to abandon our views about them.” -Thick Nhat Hanh. Hudson River State Hospital, Poughkeepsie, NY 4:51pm

graffiti

“Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.” -Unknown. New York City Farm Colony. Staten Island, NY 3:57pm

graffiti

“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” -William Feather.  Hudson River State Hospital Poughkeepsie, NY 4:49pm

the interior of an abandoned building

“Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?” -Ghandi.  New York City Farm Colony. Staten Island, NY 3:50pm

8 thoughts on “The Forgotten

1. Great pictures. I didn’t even know these places existed, but I feel like the pictures show me the story of everything that ever happened in those places.

• Thank you. Believe me there are lots of abandon places in NY. It’s amazing seeing those places. Each room you enter you wonder what you’re going to see next.

2. This is so cool! You should check out the historic Bowery Street Mural in Downtown Manhattan!! They constantly display new murals that are just jaw dropping – AMAZING!