The End To Historic Season for NYCFC

Well if you didn’t know about NYCFC (New York City Football Club) you are really missing out but don’t worry it’s New York’s soccer or football (as the majority of fans prefer to call it) team so it will always be there.

Seeing them play for the first time was one of the best moments in my life, building up to the game I could feel the excitement in the air among the fans. Finally March 15, 2015 on game day everything exploded, the atmosphere was electric as NYCFC fans rushed into Yankee Stadium’s gates to witness history. You could have tell that New Yorkers haven’t been this enthusiastic for so long, everybody had excitement written all over their faces. Once I got inside, the stadium was packed, a record number of more than 43,000 fans were there for the historic home opener. I was overwhelmed by the energy throughout the stadium, It’s not something you see everyday, that thousands of people are gathered in a stadium cheering for a team for the first time ever.

Many wondered if fans were going to constantly come for other games throughout the seasons, but me I knew they would have show up because for many of us supporters NYCFC is more than a team it is a big family. What make the experience so great and worth going back over and over to Yankee Stadium, are the fans. Soccer fans are one of the main reasons that make soccer the best sport and most popular in the world. The atmosphere at the games is what keep bringing more and more people, it’s something you definitely have to witness. Yankee Stadium haven’t been excited for such a long time, but now the fans are lighting the place up every single game.

The love that I have for NYCFC, made me take a role as Zeusnycfc as a way to be more than a fan and actually support the team in more active way. Every game I have a lighting bolt in my hands ready to strike the opponent team when they pose a serious threat to NYCFC. It is all fantasy of course, but many fans love the idea and enjoy seeing me in the bleachers being as Zeus supporting NYCFC. NYCFC fans like me are just happy that New York City finally have a soccer team that we can cheer on every week. Every game we pack Yankee stadium and the atmosphere at the game is magical. I experienced 7 months of excitement, love, hope, courage, and made me proud to call myself a true New Yorker. So as long as Yankee Stadium is the place for me to see NYCFC play, I will love it to the core and consider it as my second home.

a stadium fieldYankee Stadium – The Bronx

a stadium field with a crowdYankee Stadium – The Bronx