The Beginning of The End…..

Good Afternoon city tech, Genny here! The semester is finally coming to end. Phew! Give yourselves a pat on the back for coming so far. As for the freshmen, congrats! If you made it this far you can get through anything. Although the semester is almost finished, it doesn’t mean you slack off, this isn’t high school. Here you have important finals that you must study and prepare for, weeks in advance. First things first, based on your classes you’ll either have an exam or a project. If you have an exam, create a review sheet of everything that’s been taught within the class; flashcards work too. It all depends on how you work. If you have a project, as I mentioned in a previous post, flash drives are key! Always have a spare flash drive or as I call it, a back up with your work inside it because if you come into class empty handed to a final presentation, well that’s on you. This is college and here we learn to take responsibility for our work and actions.

Calligraphy by: Gennessy Palma

For you freshman, I know it’s rough, I’ve been there. Just keep in mind that there’s lots of resources in this school that you can use if you’re anxious or nervous. During this time in the semester there are also stands in the school that offer free beverages and foods to take if you left the house with an empty stomach before an exam. It’s never a good thing to skip breakfast especially on an important day like finals, you can get lightheaded and you won’t be able to concentrate well, or worse, you could even faint. The most important thing to understand is sleep. Ladies and gentlemen without sleep how will you function in your exams??? Don’t make the same mistakes I’ve made, staying up all night before an exam to study, I was deeply disoriented from lack of sleep since I did not sleep the night before either, fortunately I passed the exam but not on very good terms/grades. To wrap this post up, breathe and keep a calm head because we as humans don’t do well heated up or afraid. Fears cloud the mind and a clouded mind leads to failure. Keep your head up we will see this through the end! Best of luck to anyone who’s already taking finals this week!

Photographer/Illustrator/Translator: Gennessy Palma