Rising Of The Fog

As she lay there enjoying the beautiful view, it silently took over the harbor and city. Then everything got white. “Rising Of The Fog.”

Fog, mist, haze are all the same words, but do you really know what it means? It’s a body of thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at the earth’s surface, reducing visibility.

I’ve seen fog many times before, but never have I seen it take over the harbor in a matter of seconds. At first, I was literally chasing what was left of the fog. Then to my surprise, as I sat enjoying the view, it rapidly took over the harbor. To my luck, I no longer was “chasing fog.”

old pier stumps“No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress,you’re still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” -Tony Robbins. Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn NY 8:10am

piers in the fog “In the mist of difficulty lies opportunity.” -Oprah Winfrey.Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn NY 8:40am

a colorful house on a boardwalk “Sometimes we need the fog to remind ourselves that all of life is not white and black.” -Jonathan Lockwood Huie. Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn NY 8:47am

fog covering a city skyline“Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.” -E. L. Doctorow. Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn NY 9:27am

fog covering a ship sailing under a bridge“Derive happiness in oneself from a good day’s work from illuminating the fog that surrounds us.” -Henri Matisse. Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn NY 9:32am

fog covering skyscrapers“Faith is like radar that sees through the fog.” -Corrie Ten Boom. Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn NY 9:42am

4 thoughts on “Rising Of The Fog