NYC Women’s March

The NYC Women’s March of 2017 was one of the most powerful, inspirational, and emotional events I’ve ever been a part of. I was one in a crowd of about 300,000 women, men, and children, which was only a small fraction of the millions simultaneously marching around the world. From young children holding powerful signs to grown women wearing hand-made uterus hats, this march was unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. People were angry, but amongst all the marching and yelling, it was very peaceful, and even more prideful. History was made, voices were unapologetically heard, and I was lucky enough to capture some moments. This weekend was so mentally and emotionally taxing that I had to turn my phone off for a couple of days to decompress (I’m an introvert). Here are some of the photos.

tall, ornate, white building entrance with crowd of protesters two men holding up a young girl; protest sign says "MAKE AMERICA KIND AGAIN" a man wearing a manila-envelope hat that says "I'M WITH HER" protesters with sign that says "LEFT OR RIGHT WE CAN ALL SEE WRONG"

Senator Chuck Schumer protesting

Sen. Chuck Schumer in the trenches.