Freedom State of Mind

Hello I’m Jean-Luc Antoine, I am a student majoring in Bioinformatics. Although I’m majoring in a science field, I’ve always had a passion for photography. Any chance I have of fulfilling this passion, I have taken it seriously because it is one of the things that I dearly love to do.I see photography as an art enabling me to express myself, in ways more profound and meaningful than simple interactions with people because it doesn’t only take me more patience and dedication, but it also takes me the right determination and motivation to produce this form of art.

In Addition to normal photos, I’ve created a section that will allow me to feature the portraits and insights of the Humans of CUNY. It is an idea inspired by Brandon Stanton’s vivacious blog “Humans of New York”. In today’s photos and words, I want you people to experience the idea of having a free state of mind. Follow me in this quest to freedom.

The gate to freedom and opportunities is wide open, anyone can make the journey and make their experience worth every seconds.

people on the Brooklyn bridgePhoto taken at the Brooklyn Bridge

Slowly is the sun bursting out of proportion, awaiting patiently to be fully unleashed from captivity. Us Humans call it sunrise, for the sun it is the quest to freedom.

sunrise on the Brooklyn bridge Photo taken at the Brooklyn Bridge

They are the ones who found it totally abhorrent and incomprehensible when they witnessed the dreadful cruelty and neglect inflicted towards African Americans. They lead the quest to freedom and gave a voice for those who couldn’t speak for themselves.

graffitiPhoto taken at Broadway Junction

Humans of CUNY

“A moment where you felt completely free?”

“I fell free when I’m playing basketball. I like trying out new moves such as crossovers. When I get hot from the 3 point line, I feel invincible like Steph Curry. I’m not scared to guard anyone from the smallest to the biggest guy on the court. I go after every loose ball and every rebound. I may lose sometimes, but I have that competitive fire in me that always wants to win. I have love and passion for the game.”

a young man sittingPhoto taken at Brooklyn College

8 thoughts on “Freedom State of Mind