Past Bloggers

Jean-Luc Marcel Antoine, is a native of Haiti and has been living in New York City since a major earthquake damaged a huge part of his beloved homeland in 2010. He has found NYC to be a wonderful second home and he wants to make the most out of the opportunities the city has to offer. Because of his love, appreciation, interest and passion for science, biomedical sciences, biotechnology and computers, he is currently pursuing a bachelor degree in Bioinformatics at New York City College of Technology. He enjoys clubs and other fun extracurricular activities at City tech and other places to broaden his horizons and meet new people along the way. Furthermore, Jean-Luc has many passions, including photography. Through photography he loves to document about the New York experience by looking at it from an inside perspective. Thus he is a photo blogger at the City Tech OpenLab’s  “The Buzz” which is a great platform for him to share his art with the Citytech community and others. Moreover, Jean-Luc is a football (soccer) fanatic that loves and is very passionate about the beautiful game especially for his beloved teams “FC Barcelona” and “New York City FC”. Apart from that Jean-Luc is someone that likes adventures to travel to influence and help others by volunteering and in other ways possible in order to make the world a better place.

This semester, my blogging of interest and what going to focus about is a project that I call “Humans of City Tech”. It is an idea inspired by Brandon Stanton whom is the creator of the fantastic New York’s blog “Humans of New York”. My goal is to create a movement in order to humanize the community of New York City College of Technology by featuring the humans that study, work, freqent affiliated in some ways and frequent this institution. Thus basically the idea is to go around City Tech and to interview students, faculty and staff and tell their stories in the most unique ways from their own perspective and find what makes them apart from everyone else. I plan to have conversations with people from the City tech community in which they tell me about a particular question that I asked or anything they want to share. One huge aspect of the project is to connect the students, faculties and staff stories with their portrait or a photo that can best represent them. The reason why I’m so interested to take on this new project and to do “Humans of City Tech” (HOCT) is because I want to humanize City Tech. Some people may have a lot of interesting things to share or is looking to be heard but do not have the audience to listen to them, thus by sharing their stories or any particular thing about them, I’m hopeful that they will have the chance to get noticed by all City Tech community. It is a good way for students and others from the City Tech community to make friends, connection and find people that have similar interests as them.

____________________

Hey City Tech, my name is Amanda Marmol and I am here to inform you all on things to do across the city at a low cost and even for free! Often times I catch people saying “I’m tired of the city. There’s nothing to do but to go to the park, movies and bowling,” but there is so much more to the city than just that! In my blog I am also going to be  incorporating events/workshops for students to attend at City Tech that you may not be aware of.  As a student majoring in Law and Paralegal Studies  I am aware of how easy it is for college students to get lost in their studies. I myself fell in this category my first two years of college. I found myself having the same routine and also being ‘stagnant’ in my college career. Ever since I got involved in school activities along with going out, exploring and taking time to do something outside of my major I noticed that not only my experiences have increased but most importantly my network has expanded. There’s more to college than just a degree and even a 4.0 GPA! Go out and explore things across the city and even within City Tech.   
_________________________

Greetings! My name is Evans Alexandre, I’m a twenty-two year old senior at City Tech majoring in Communication Design. I was born and raised in the vast lands of Queens, New York, and over time, I’ve developed a fiery passion for photography, film, art, and production, and a mild obsession with hip-hop instrumentals and anything that has to do with science fiction. My short term goals are to eventually work at a media/production company to help make videos, movies and TV, and in the long term I want to make a TV show and publish a novel and photography book. The world is a massive place, and since I’m an explorer at heart, this year at The Buzz
I’ll be photoblogging about the various places, events, and hidden gems that New York and its neighboring states have to offer.

My desired blog theme is to share my travels and exploration around New York, Philly and Maryland through photography. I love going to places to experience and learn new things, and my goal is for the readers of this blog to learn through my experiences. I want to give readers a chance to live vicariously through an adventurer. Everything and everyone has a story, and through photography, it is my hope that you learn something new or expand on knowledge you already have.

_________________________

_________________________

Born in the capital of Haiti and raised in Brooklyn since age four, Emmanuela Michel was taught to seek occupations that made money instead of having jobs that fit creativity and passion. It is because of this that she tries to explore all her interests in the hope of settling on a satisfying career. A career that will allow her to make a difference in people’s lives. Have you ever felt indecisive about your career choice or that you don’t even know what you want it to be? Emmanuela believes that everyone should take the time to figure out what career path they wish to have versus what they feel obligated to do. She hopes that through her writing she can spread this message and influence more people to find occupations they are passionate about.

_________________________

Greetings! My name is Pamela and I am a working mother, a full-time student, and a writer. My passion for reading and writing has led me to a career path in Professional & Technical Writing. I believe that we all have something to share and capturing it in words and images is a powerful way to do so. Life struggles have led me to persevere and motivate and that’s a motto I live by today.

If you’ve read any of my previous blogs, you know that I believe success comes from education and that we can learn from each other.  People love connecting with people who have interesting stories and something to talk about. That’s why this semester; I will be interviewing fellow students and staff of the College, capturing their voice, attitudes, and passions. Our Stories: An Intimate Connect, will be refreshing and new and bring a different perspective each week. So join me on this journey as we share what keeps us going and makes us more determined than ever.

__________________________