Fall 2013 reading and writing assignments
A complete Engineer or Engineering Technician should be aware of the code of Ethics and abide to it. For this purpose I am attaching here a presentation discussing the main concepts in etics, sample problems and examples of engineering failures with ethical issues.
1. Please read this thoroughly and be prepared to answer questions ( in the test ) regarding the code of etics and the given examples.
2. Write a 1-2 page summary about one of the engineering examples of engineering failures with ethical issues and upload it in your ePorfolio-> Homework folder for this class.
To stay updated in your field you need to continuously educate yourself. There are several ways to do this: read journal papers, attend conferences or seminars/workshops offered by societies or clubs in your field, get involved in research etc. As an example I have attached here a journal paper for your reference.
For this assignement please write a one to two pages essay about the article. Points you should address are:
- Where would you use this type of network?
- How would this system help one improve the existing networks?
- How do you see this paper in the context of this course?
- How did this paper impact your understanding of network designs? Etc
- Which reference did you find most useful in clarifying unknown terms or concepts discussed in the paper?
- More ideas are welcome
Team 1 Project1
Team 2 Project2
Team 3 Project3
Team 4 Project 5
Team 5 Project 6