Always Expect The Unexpected

Well This Is Quite Awkward

Something I did not prepare myself for in my internship was; work tension. The tension in here seems to grow week by week. Tsipi isn’t the kindest person to work with. My co workers time is spent finding events for her to go to, in order to keep her out of the office. Today the CITYarts email, credit cards and website was plagued with a series of hacks and viruses. I used to work in Geek Squad for three years, so I decided to offer my technical assistance. Unfortunately my cleaning and searching lead me to finding out the hard truth. An ex employee was hacking CITYarts !!!!

omg meme

I definitely didn’t want to be the one to break the news to Tsipi, so my supervisor, Sara did it instead. I thought that the tension would have cooled off a bit, but it was just starting. Julia is very good friends with the ex employee that was responsible for the hacking. Tsipi is convinced that she is giving the ex employee the information. Due to the technical difficulties of today, there was no graphic design work done.

Let’s Try Something New

The systems are still down, today I’m working in the board room. It’s pretty peaceful in here, it’s actually where I had my interview. I can close the door and work without any drama going on around me. I can also stay away from all the office tension. Today I am evaluating the physical appearance and measurements of students art work. These pieces will be auctioned off in the gala. They come in all shapes and sizes, students of all ages created these pieces of work also from various schools or colleges.

File_002

File_004

I actually enjoyed doing this, I attended High School of Art and Design. I was in the National Honors Society, and had to create art work for fund raisers in order to raise money for my club. It reminded me of the fun I had making artwork. And the fun I had creating artwork with younger children. Art allowed me to express myself as a child. I felt joyful and it brought me a sense of serenity.

Back To The Drawing Board

Over the weekend the issue was cleared up, I’m back to working on my computer virus free ! Today I started working on the gala even post card. Tsipi wasn’t in the office today. On the bright side we had on Billy Joel’s Pandora, and my supervisors randomly broke out into acapella (which they are amazing at). I was a bit nervous because, there is no such thing as “free range” but I decided to take a chance. I rearranged and created a new design. Hopefully Tsipi likes it.

File_003

It Was Worth A Try

Well she didn’t like it……. I’m not surprised. She wants to keep the old design, and just change the picture. That’s a common trend that I am seeing among her designs. NOTHING REALLY CHANGES, CITYarts needs fresh and new designs. People see the same design year after year, why not try something new ? I think that Tsipi may be afraid to try something new. I went in her office today and showed her a previous design from the year before, and the design tweaked. Surprisingly she went for my design, and she wanted a few things to stay the same. I’m glad she allowed me to give my input. I didn’t have full range but a good 40% is accepted.