This is an image of multi-lobulated overgrowth between #22-23 (suspected Pyogenic Granuloma). Upon interviewing this patient I was made aware that he did not always have this and he noticed a slight growth. I gave a referral for biopsy. When I followed up with the patient he stated that biopsy was negative. This was a great clinical experience for me because when learning about Pyogenic Granulomas it is something that is usually found in female patients who are pregnant and this patient was male. It is very important to broaden our knowledge of oral pathology through clinical experiences.

The above image is the dentition of a 22 year old Caucasian female. This patient was congenitally missing 2nd and 3rd molars as well as #5,6,7,10 and 11. Her remaining teeth on the maxilla were microdonts and were covered with porcelain veneers. The rest of her maxillary teeth are made up of porcelain bridges(picture on right reveals left side of maxillary dentition without bridge). Her case was very significant to me because it was not something I had learned about in a textbook. Upon questioning the patient she revealed her sibling and cousin were also congenitally missing teeth. This tells me that their may have been a hereditary component. This hands on experience helped me to understand the importance of further investigating and of oral homecare instruction for bridge work which is generally a major trap for food and bacteria.