Meet the Pros 1

Michelle Egiziano

The first Meet the pros I’ve been to, my professor from art direction decided to make a class “trip”. It started about 6:30, and the speaker presented for about 45 mins. Michelle Egiziano is a photo art director. I was confused about what she did at the beginning, because she made it seem like she was the one who took the pictures but at the end when people asked questions she revealed she is actually the one who edits the photos. I sat there listening to how she became to be who she is, she was working for a place but she got tired and bored of it that she decided to work for herself. She wanted to explore and do her own thing and see how it went. One of her clients is Victoria’s Secret PINK, she shoots for them. gxl_528cd30e-c56c-4329-8644-45e00aa613db 3b200b88499a97c67edc96162d34903f

She spoke about how this one was one of her favorite shoots, and she loves Daft Punk.101203-best-photos-12 Lighton+Meester+-+Photographed+by+Paul+Wetherell7

Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl. When I saw this I was like wooow I love her from that show.

erin_wasson-instyle_usa-september_2013_2 InStyle-US-September-2013-Erin-Wasson-1

She told a kind of funny story about this shoot. Apparently the model canceled the photoshoot because she had some kind of allergic reaction on her face and didn’t want to take pictures because of it. Michelle was worried, and upset but at the end the model ended up going after all. It was a nerve wrecking situation for her but ended well.1452541621882 MGMT

I liked the stories that Michelle told us about her work, however when asked questions she didn’t know how to really answer them and that was a little of a downer to me because I wanted to hear her responses. But I still enjoyed her portfolio work.

A City Tech OpenLab ePortfolio