image imagethe first piece I walked p to were three separately colored phones. The phones wanted us to pick them up and put them to our ears to listen to a message from the designer. He talked about how they went through different sizes and shapes of the handle to get the right feel when you held it.

The most important thing that I’ll probably take with me forever was an anecdote which i;ll try to remember.

Him and his company designed a clocked, spent weeks on perfecting the design and making sure it came out perfect, most important to them was that it was light weight. They then went to the buyer, in his head he’s thinking she has to and is going to pick his clock because of the weight and the time they put into it. After observing the other one he’s assured she will after all it was a heavy brick compared to his.

She chooses the heaver one to his surprise.

Quality was felt by the consumer in the weight of that clock. It felt more like a sturdy device.

Which can be translated into phones. Lets talk about Apple products and Samsung for instance. People (weather or not you have one of like them you should be able to agree) see quality with something liek an iPhone when you hold it, it can be as thin as a Samsung phone but theres a certain weight that comes from it’s aluminum body that gives it that weight, apposed to the Samsung plastic.

This is important as someone who wants to pursue product design.