Noemi’s Personal Advisement Philosophy

Student-minded, Collaborative, Action Oriented

Personal Advisement Philosophy

My advisement approach is individualized and person-centered. It is grounded on guiding the student towards self-recognition about his/her unique potential to flourish as a member of the New York City College of Technology community as well as the larger societal context he/she lives in.

Student Advisement Plan

With the student in mind and open-mindedness to his/her interests, views, and culture, I listen to the student, share resources, and engage the student in preparing clear, purposeful action plans to accomplish his/her goals at City Tech and beyond.  This includes academic coursework planning (using the academic career planner), highlighting relevant support services and career resources along with specific contacts, and sharing career building ideas (e.g., graduate school options, internships, volunteering, mentorship programs, etc.). As needed, I refer students to colleagues, at and outside of City Tech, who can help enrich the student’s academic and career planning experience.  I follow up with students and encourage them to share their updates with me.  My advisement plan is intended to aid students in developing confidence in their abilities to independently plan their success while effectively utilizing diverse resources and collaborating with a variety people.

Print this page