Did what you find meet your standards?
It had been several years since I had visited Voorhees Hall. I was impressed at the cohesiveness of signage both in the common areas and at each department.
What advisement goals will you set for your department?
Our first goal should be to improve communication with our students. Beyond emails and posters, a standard message should be delivered in every class regarding advisement including:
- how to choose or identify an adviser
- what advisement tools are available and how to access and utilize them
- the purpose of academic planning and advisement
One thing I will improve about my department’s advisement plan is…to separate the “advisement process” into two objectives:
- Course selection and registration
- Career planning and mentoring