Reflection, Our Physical Space

Though empty in this image, students often gather here on the 6th floor that contains a photo gallery.

I do not believe that students know what to expect from advisement and believe that this hinders the effectiveness of what can be accomplished in the short about of time we have with them. Like in the reading, my own experience with advisement is that it is most productive when the students is prepared and that usually happens only after a few meetings. I question the best method of reaching out to students. How do we meet them were they  are?

What story is told through your collective photos?

What I believe I found was  so many ways that we speak to our students about success but that is not necessarily penetrating as a uniform message. As we continue to celebrate success let’s also welcome students into an active practice of engagement in their learning process and attainment of their goals. I want to add hundreds of photos of evidence of guidance and student success the next time we meet. 

Did what you find meet your standards?

I was happy to see that Rad Tech made their advisement important materials available to students instead of behind this closed door. I believe that makes the information easily available and shows students what is important to them.

What story is told through your collective photos?Evidence of the success of Nursing Students. Sharing this success will inspire others to keep focused on their goals.

What advisement goals will you set for your department?

Greater reach, easier access, improved communication.