App Review: Evernote

image via google

No matter where I am, an idea for something will pop into my head that I won’t want to forget. It’s impossible to always make sure that you have a pen/pencil and paper available at any given moment. Thus, I rely on my phone quite a lot for making notes about things. Although my Galaxy phone already comes with a pre-installed Memo app, I’m always interested in trying apps that may potentially be better than a phone’s standard apps.

Evernote allows its users to do a lot of different things. You can create different notebooks to store your notes in. You can create noted starting with pictures, text, attachments, audio or even handwrite a note via your smartphone screen. The best thing, in my opinion, about Evernote is the ability to access all of your notes not only on your handheld device, but also on your computer. You can either download an application for your desktop or simply login to their website to access, edit or even create notes. In addition, being an android user, Evernote gives me the option to add a widget to one of my main screens in order to make creating new notes even easier and more instantaneous.

Evernote also offers varying premium plans for yearly rates for individuals. Pricing for business uses are different. However, although these premium plans offer some interesting features, such as annotating pdfs and forwarding emails into Evernote, their basic plan is pretty great on its own. Only needing it for simple, personal things, makes the basic (free) plan the best fit for me.

Rating: 4/5