First Web Project/Interaction pt 2

Project complete!

So, my last post about working on the intranet of the company I intern at, is “complete”. It’s complete in the sense that the tasked I was asked to do was completed: I gave the front page a face lift.

I was also able to add some javascript in the form of a jQuery accordion interaction piece. I added a read more link to cut down articles posted to the front page. Once clicked, the rest of the articles appears and everything below it slides down. I had to go back to one of my old books, luckily I normally keep them all.

Javascript & jQuery

Javascript & jQuery

That book, Javascript & jQuery by Jon Duckett, had a few little code snippets I modified and overhauled. I also use it from time to time to freshen up on code. I really like that book and totally recommend it to anyone working on front-end web development.

I want to and can add more interactivity to the intranet after I work on another upcoming project. I think I’ll continue to work on the theme/design of the intranet before playing around with more Javascript. I’ll update you guys soon once I get more info on the upcoming project!