GAO Tek Info Guide for new Interns

Download (PDF, 5.94MB)

During week 6 of working on my internship, I had dedicated a lot of time to creating info guide cards as part of my Visual Project.

This project was what I actually wanted to develop for a while due to the complexity of the internship and not a lot of interns understood. Based on most of my internship progress, complex guidelines, and other interns’ experience, I used all of these factors as notes in order to create my visual project which is known as an “Info Guide for new Interns in the Summit Internship”. This type of guide simplifies instructions with very few pages on the daily tasks required for the internship. It goes hand in hand with the complex guidelines as they always keep changing, but my guide overall explains the daily role for the internship. The development of the guide using both Adobe Photoshop and a little of Indesign has taken at least 6 or more hours and refining the guide from typos, mistakes and updates added an extra 2-3 hours in total.

I shared this with my new interns, team leader, staff, and my supervisor. I was really happy that they had found my info guides to be really useful and as a surprise, some inactive interns had finally understood what to do and were able to work. Some active interns found my guides a lot more enjoyable.

One thought on “GAO Tek Info Guide for new Interns”