About Me and my Internship Progress, 2

.

Image source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Waving.png

Hi everyone. My name is Stanley Quach and I am a Graphic Designer with a focus on Marketing. Most of my skills as a Graphic Designer involve working with Adobe programs including Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, and Animate. During my spare time, I create a doodle series of characters on Twitter that are fun and friendly to express my personal style. If you are interested in my work, feel free to visit my Portfolio website below:
stanleyq6309.wixsite.com/portfolio

I just entered into my Internship on January 19, 2021, where I just got training from Gao Tek on the internship and they brought me to a Summit Team which seems really new and different.

For my search progress on the Internship, I used Linkedin to find internships that suited my interests which I started early December 2020 when I was late to the Senior Orientation about the Internship class. During my Fall 2020 semester, I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to work for a career in Communication Design. However, one of my professors I had during my college experience was able to negotiate my career path and work with me to develop my own portfolio website using Wix.com and discussed that my graphic design passions have been focusing on the marketing industry, to sell a product or service.

With my professor’s help, I was prepared to find an internship with a website and a resume I had created. As I am still new to the Marketing Industry, I wanted to find an internship in marketing which I had applied for several technology companies that interested me. One of the internships I got accepted was from a company called GAO Tek which contacted me via Linkedin message. Afterward, I sent my resume and started a voice-chat interview after a week on what position I wanted to work for which was “Graphics, Visual Design, Image Editing”. This is the very first internship I applied and it was also an online internship.

As of now, I had been noted that of now there’s no graphic design training yet from one of the HR managers in GAO Tek and instead I am in a summit training with an assigned team. My current internship work as of now is to find proposals using Linkedin to invite interesting speakers on discussing the advancement of technology or business tips to be successful. Alongside finding proposals for my job, I also have to participate in joining presentations to gain practical knowledge from the industry’s top experts. Some of the presentations were useful to know about Marketing. Lastly, another part of my internship is to keep in check with my team members on a website called bitrix24.com.

Overall, I do enjoy that I can work on this Internship at any time, provided I do work 20 hours a week (4 hours per weekday) and participating in presentations. I mostly expect that I would also get some training in Graphic Design later on or even some knowledge about marketing throughout the rest of the Internship.