This picture was taken in Vancouver after hockey game in 2011. On the foreground we see police man who is armed with a helmet, shield and nightstick. This is a typical police gear to pacification crowds. In the background we can a running mob. In my opinion people in yellow vest are policemen chasing people who were taking part in riots. And at last in the middle plane we can see our main character a couple which is making out in the middle of the riots. This picture is almost unreal. In the middle of chaos, against every thing two people are indulging in feelings.
This picture spread thought internet with light speed. It was every where Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, 9gag etc. Public eye gushed over it, and hailed them as a modern symbol of “make love not war”. Unfortunately internet society was to quick with judgement. There wasn’t many people who want to dig deeper in to this. However some people did. They found that this was Alex Thomas and her Australian boyfriend Scott Jones and they weren’t kissing. Based on testimony of witnesses they get between police and the mob and couldn’t escape. They were knocked down by police and left.
Base on this history we as a internet community must be aware that every news in internet is potentially a fake news. Even a little effort could give us clues if news is real or not.
2a. In my opinion main conflict is between Deirdre and the rest of friends and it is based on curiosity of the group how look legs after amputation part of it. Deirdre was was forced by pressure of the group to kiss the stump. Conflict is developing from conversation between friends about loudest sounds they heard. However, they don’t mention jet engine sound or siren like many people would say. They share with each other very private parts of their lives, and this is first the conflict, to open yours self with problems to other people. Second conflict came after change of subject to the most silent thing they ever heard and Chris story about leg. Conflict is in behavior of people, they didn’t ask how he feel with it, they just wanted to know how it looked like. I think he didn’t want to show them his leg so he made this demand to kiss his stump. Which lead us to the next conflict pressure of the group on Deirdre, to do this. Fist detail to create this situation was that they didn’t know each other so much, if they would be closer friend they probably would be more careful about other feelings. Second one was the strong feeling to know unknown, in this case how Chris leg looked like.
3. My first big internal conflict happened few year back at my firs semester of college. My major was geodesy, I had been thinking along time before college that this would be something that I would like to do in my life. However, after first half of semester I was starting to changing my mind. During the classes I got to know in details what geodesy is and I did not liked it. But I didn’t know what what to do. My parents gave me money for education, and I felt that I couldn’t disappoint them so I kept studying to the end of semester. During final exams I had enough. I had this thoughts that I couldn’t ruin my life and stuck with things that I don’t want to do. On the next weekend caught train to my home town. After arrived I had the most difficult conversation with my parents, but I had to tell them the truth.
For me this was a very interesting documentary. In my opinion it tells two stories. One about the man who wants to fight for his believes. The man who wants to change something in society, but in the same time he struggles with his personal problems. The other story is about how modern campaign works in the internet age. It is slightly refer to ma essay, where I try to show that in this days people are addicted from selfies, and social media, and because of that it is hard to keep privacy. Also in this documentary we can see that people are eager for sensation, and selfie or other photo can easily create one. After this scandal people forgot about what he wanted to change in the city and based their judgement on current emotions to the candidate.
- In the mid 2000s internet was not a crowded place, people was meeting friends by sharing their passions, and goals.
- In internet you never know what kind of people like same things as you.
- In this days it is still suspicious to make friends in internet and popular social platforms won’t try to change this way of thinking.
- People are scared that somebody met on internet could hurt them, or use them for their own purposes.
- Explanation how Catfish show works, on example of Sunny and Jamison.
- Big surprise when Sunny and Jamison finally met in real life.
- The Catfish show is exemplify how people ignore signals that something is a lie and believe in it.
- The Catfish show reinforces people scare of internet friendship.
- Computer scientist J.C.R Licklider believed that internet would be place were people won’t be alone, because they would met people with the same goals and passions regardless from social class.
- In nowadays Facebook concentrates briefly on real interaction between people, and more on making money.
- Mark Zuckerberg is approaching Facebook to much from programmer point of view.
- Every form of interaction between people on Facebook could be presented in form of graph.
- In Facebook world there isn’t place for unknown and anonymity, and human interactions are decrease to minimum.
- Technology cant understand friendship, because it is create only on logic site of human brain.
- There were minor social networks, besides giants like Facebook and Myspace .
- Makeoutclub might be first word’s social network.
- Makeoutclub gave opportunity for kids to expand heir identities.
- It was a place to share information about what’s new in the culture.
- Makeoutclub was a place to hook up, but in old fashion way by conversation, and with out control of programs.
- At Mateoutclub people were free in looking for new friends.
- Makeoutclub gave more freedom in terms of anonymity and identity.
- Advatage of being anonymous, could have one downside we can lost contact with person we really liked.
- People can also easier find each other, if they are using social network based on sharing passions.
- Out side Facebook still exist communities that allow to make new friendships base on what people like.
- If someone the same passions and goals internet friendship can be sustain.
- Makeoutclub still exists, and is resembling how past look like.
- It is weird that internet community had met up
Chen in passage “Don’t Be a Stranger” compare internet in mid 2000s and in nowadays in terms of social life. It shows that in general internet was more open space in which people wasn’t so scared to open them selves to other people. They made communities which share the same point of view. Internet was a place with less control of corporation.