Fall 2017 | COMD1100_LC08 | Prof. Spevack

Sound Visualizations: Phase 1

In this piece of music there are a lot of different sounds. The music starts off with a low slow rhythm. Gradually elevating into a high pitch upbeat  rhythm that flows and brings all the elements together.

There is an electric sound of a piano that creates waves of smooth flowing lines. With a pattern scaling up and down.  There is also a heavy  beat of a drum creating rough bass with circles, all the same size in a pattern. The guitar gives me a feel of a smooth whimsical spiral circle, that continues to go around starting small and becoming larger in shape.  All the sounds repeat themselves on a count of 4 moving up and down maintaining the rhythm.

Listening to the sounds I comprehend the intentions of the artist. Which was to produce a romantic love song, yet an electric upbeat contemporary that makes you move.

https://youtu.be/qFLhGq0060 w

1. Dayana.B

I see where you are going with the spirals when I heard the song i could also picture it.

• Ebony Star

Thanks glad you were able to see what I visualized.

2. Dayana.B