Looking back through this semester there is plenty that I have learned about myself as a reader, writer, and scholar. One thing that I learned about myself as a reader is that sometimes I understand what I have read better when I watch a video related to what I have read. Sometimes I find myself reading things not fulling understanding it however when I watch a video based off of the book or text I have read I gain a much better understanding. One thing that I learned about myself as a writer is that sometimes when I take a moment to visual what I want to say, it is much easier to put it on paper. Often I find myself at a lost of words or I know what I want to say but don’t know how to put it on paper. However when I take my time to think and visualize what I want to say putting it on paper is a lot easier. One thing I learned about myself as a scholar is that I tend to put off work that can be done in a heart beat. When I say this I mean that when I get an assignment I know won’t take me long to do I tend to put it off till the last minute. One way I have changes and developed as a reader and writer is knowing how to view information from different points of view. In this class one of the things we touched on was different points of view in the text and I learned how information, thoughts, and emotions can be displayed from different points of view from different people in the text, article, podcast, and so on.

At the beginning of the semester most of my work was done quick and to the point. However as the semester went by I began to experiment with new formats and writing structure to better explain what I was trying to say.These formats helped me to better structure my what I was trying to say. For example this was the first time I ever wrote an annotated bibliography. However, I was in favor of how it was structured and the general flow of the work. One thing that caused me to change the way I write was not being able to say what I had to. When I say this I mean that sometimes I would get carried away writing then look back to see that I have yet to even answer the question being asked. As the semester went b I have worked on answering the question and express the way I feel and my point of view on the topic. When it came to revising my own assignment it was very helpful. I got to see how I can improve and things I could do different in order to better convey what I was saying. Receiving comments from professor Miller was very helpful however sometimes when you go back and see what mistakes you made yourself it also helps you to improve in your writing. There was nothing in this class that was too challenging for, the work was welled explained with clear instructions. Sometimes I don’t feel like writing however once I did start everything else started to flow.

Some advice that I would give to students taking this course next semester would be to explore different structure and formats of writing.  Even though you may be comfortable with the way you write its good to explore other forms to make you a better writer. Look into different forms of writing and deeper ways to express what you want to say and how you want to say it.