Journal Entry #1

McCann Erickson is a global advertising agency located in Manhattan. It has over 180 offices in over 120 countries around the world and boasts a client roster that includes preeminent global marketers and many of the world’s most famous brands. McCann delivers marketing solutions that transform brands and grow businesses. The company is comprised of a collaborative roster of best-in-class agencies that emphasize creativity, innovation, and performance including McCann Erickson (the world’s largest advertising agency network); MRM//McCann (digital marketing/relationship management); Momentum (experiential marketing); McCann Health (professional/dtc communications); Craft Worldwide (global production); UM (media management); Weber Shandwick (public relations) and FutureBrand (consulting/design). The modern McCann Erickson is the result of a 1930 merger in New York between two pioneer agencies, The H. K. McCann Company, which opened in 1912, and The Erickson Company, founded in 1902. Over that time McCann Erickson has created some of the best-known and most iconic advertising campaigns of the last century.

I began working at McCann as a digital design intern. After my interview with the Head Corporate Creative Director of McCann Worldgroup I was selected for a part-time internship at the company. The tasks I am typically assigned to are mostly centered around their internal company website. I work on building and designing the website in addition to researching the most current designs which are being used. I’ve also created several posters for clients and events which the company held.

Here are some pictures of the front entrance of my building. 622 3rd Avenue

McCann Entrance (2)McCann Entrance (1)