Starting at Union Beer

Entry 1

I have been working part time at Union Beer Distributors since April, it is a large establishment with 500 employees in my location alone, however only 5 people in the graphics department. They have 19 locations serving 13 states, with a 4-6 people graphic department serving each location. It is a Family owned company under L. Knife & Son. The company’s primary business is to provide different beers and alcohols to several clients, with our Brooklyn location having the highest client base in the east coast. Our customers can vary from individuals purchasing 6 packs from the online order system and pick up in our office, to supermarkets and bars that rely on us for their alcohol stock. The company began in 1898 as L Knife immigrated to MA from Italy and opened a small grocery business, in 1934 Anhauser Busch (home of Bud Beers) established a distribution agreement with L Knife. In 1963 his son in law Sheehan, takes over as CEO and acquired other companies to expand throughout the 90s. In 2008 his son Gerald Sheehan takes over and conquers a digital age of marketing. We were recently featured in 2008 Craft Beer Magazine as one of the most hard working and customer friendly distributors of its time, this was the only article I was able to find as it is laminated and hung in our break room.