Assignment 2: What kind of Designer am I?

I believe a Designer is someone who has knowledge about a certain type of Art or is specialized in a field in Art. Some of these fields include Fashion Design, Advertising Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design and many more. People who work in these fields have a mind set of what Art and Design means for them, they know the basic elements beings used as well as they are able to create detailed ideas on a certain designs to be made.

As a young Designer, I see myself working in this field and learning new skills each and every day. Throughout my childhood, I would always be interested in colors and shapes, I wasn’t so much of a drawer but I did try to improve myself by practicing every day. Throughout my High School years I attended a technical school where I placed myself in one of the Graphic Arts Major programs. There I learned some basics in Graphic Arts and did some work such as Logos and Magazine covers. But at the same time I was interested in Fashion. Working in Fashion Design was and still is one of my dreams, however as I learned more about Graphic Arts and gaining some skills and techniques made me enjoy it even more.

As a student in City Tech I have learn many skills in the Communication Design Department. All these skills have allowed me to Design Logos, to posters, to billboards, to flyers, to many more. Shooting photos is also one of my hobbies, yet I am still in the process of enhancing my skills. My Design technique is simple, creative, and includes color here and there. My favorite colors are pastel colors, cool and warm colors as well. I enjoy experimenting with type, however type is not my biggest subject, I am more of the layout person. I am a big believer that a good layout promotes the Design message better as well as it’s very easy for the viewers to understand your point of view.

I see myself as a young Designer who is in the process of learning more about the Design skill. I am currently focusing in learning as many techniques as a can in the Graphic Design Field. I am a Designer who is always motivated to find ideas for Design, I am very passionate about different types of Design such as Fashion, Advertisement, and Graphic. I work very hard to come up with ideas for my new Designs. My goal is to start off by working in an Ad Agency, or a Graphic Design Firm as an intern or a steady position. I am looking forward on working in companies associated with my interests in order to gain more skills and experiences.