Anomaly Field Trip

On our trip to Anomaly I was able to take a glance on what is like to be working in the design field. When we first went inside the building I was not expecting to be amazed like I was. Going in the 11th floor was much like going inside someone’s house, very decorative and home warming. My main AHA moment was pretty much looking at the who arrangement of the floors we have visited. I was not expecting to see kitchens in every floor, this showed me how family oriented this place was, everyone working with each other and in a family environment where they can relax and let their ideas flow. There was a bar on the 6th floor where they would host presenters, meeting, and have a good time with everyone at the job. The floors were very spacious and everyone was arranged by groups and working. About 90 people were the ones who formed the creative department.

One terminology I have learned would be the meaning on the word Anomaly, which they define it as deviation or departure from the common order, form, rule. Another terminology I have learned more about would be what they called “Change Agent.” Most companies inquire within Anomaly to get help to better themselves to the new era of the communication industry. What this means that companies such as Blockbuster would want to improve themselves to the current year customer and be something like Netflix which is very popular now a days.

Something new I learned was from the company themselves, when talking about the different locations they had I wasn’t sure if employees were allowed to transfer locations, they only way it was possible is if there was a opening in another location and the employee said yes to the transfer. Anomaly has many locations around the world such as NYC, Los Angeles, Toronto, Shanghai, Amsterdam, and London. These location work with different companies around the world such as Panera, Coca Cola, Lego, Nike, T- mobile, Diesel, Beats, one of their biggest company would be Budweiser, YouTube, Google, and many more.

I see myself working in a company such as Anomaly because the environment and the people already working there looks fun, engaging, and professional. I would see myself starting as an intern and making my way though the company. The family oriented working environment is what had me very interested because not may jobs can have that type of environment. Sometimes we think that people and the environment doesn’t affect us but in reality it does.

In conclusion what I found interesting is that even though they are working with other companies they can also come up with a product such as hmbldt. Hmbldt is a medical marijuana pen used now in the medicine field. They created the brand, logo, packaging, pretty much the visual image of how the product is to look.