FINAL DEADLINE for Video Project posted on YOUR EPORTFOLIO site will be 12/15
Here is a list of what your video should be and have:
- Length: 45 seconds or shorter.
- Subject: your auto bio, depicting yourself as an artist and a student.
- Have a title with your name. End the video with credits, your name as director.
- Have music incorporated into it at one point. Can be at the beginning or at the end.
- Post it on YouTube, Vimeo, or Google Drive and post the link on your OpenLab site this video.
- Write a paragraph explaining the assignment and what you learned from doing this assignment, what challenges you faced, etc.
You can show yourself talking or/and have a slideshow of some of your favorite work.
We are going to take a look at a questionnaire game to get you started thinking about what you might say.
See the video below with artists talking about their work for inspiration.
Video Can be editing using any software of your choice: iMovie, Premiere, FinalCut Pro, Premiere, etc. See this article for a list of Professional Editing Software and their pros and cons: https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/best-professional-video-editing-software.html?/topic/2234-insert-a-blank-line-in-edit-pdf-mode/&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpdqM_d2O6wIVCaGzCh3UhQsfEAAYAiAAEgK_TvD_BwE
Below is the link to a detailed tutorial on Editing your Video Project given by Michael Cannetti, one of our COMD Computer Lab Technicians. Mr. Cannetti teaches a section of Intro to Film & Video and he provides you with an overview of key aspects of Premiere.
There are many tutorials on Youtube, you can edit your video using iMovie or use an app such as the ones listed in this list of the latest free video editing Apps.
I will be grading your project with this in mind:
- Originality of your subject : 0 – 10 points
The choice of your portrait should be original and show your personal style.
- Concept and Narrative : 0 to 20 points
Your film should nicely reflect the subject and tell a story.
- Typography : 0- 10 points
The title and end credits should show mastering and originality.
- Editing: 0- 10 points
The editing should reflect the quality of your storytelling with a combination of camera movements, cuts, and sounds.
- Creative Use of Technology: 0- 10 points
Be inventive, smart and show an innovative use of filming, graphics and sounds. I hope to be surprised.
- Punctuality: 0-10 points
Respect the deadline. If you have issues with it don’t hesitate to talk to me.
- Writing: 0- 30 points
Since this is the writing-intensive class in the COMD department, I want you to have thoughtful reflection on your portfolio site about what you learned through this process of producing your video bio.
TOTAL > 100 points
• As with all projects for this class, the video link must be posted on your openlab page under the section for COMD 1112 with a paragraph explaining the assignment and what you learned from doing this assignment, what challenges you faced, etc. I am not expecting a professionally edited video but rather your best effort at beginning editing and then writing about what you learned from the process.
Samples of past student video projects are below for you to use as models:
Below is the link to a detailed tutorial on Editing your Video Project given by Michael Cannetti, one of our COMD Computer Lab Technicians. Mr. Cannetti teaches a section of Intro to Film & Video and he provides you with an overview of key aspects of Premiere at:
Below is a tutorial from Youtube for basic editing in Premiere. There are many such tutorials on Youtube.
There are many such tutorials on Youtube. You can also edit your Video using iMovie or you can use an app such as the ones listed in this article from Ad Expresso.
Any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.