Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. I for one reluctantly took the opportunity to drive down to Georgia to be with family. Don’t get me wrong, I I was eager to see my family and also help my mom travel to as close to her home in Florida as possible. The one thing I was dreading was the 13 hour drive to my sister’s house in Georgia, which in hindsight would have been a pleasure. Unfortunately, due to the high-volume holiday traffic and the senseless routing of the car’s GPS, the drive took a grueling 19 hours rather than the average 13. The road trip took me and my mom through a range of emotions. We started off happy then traffic left us a bit disappointed, the GPS had me livid and when we finally got to my sister’s house I was just emotionally drained. I am thankful that we got there safely and with no speeding tickets though. The two days I spent there was short but very much worth the aggravation. I got to see a few of my nieces and nephews, all of my sisters, 2 of my six brothers, my dad, and my aunt who I haven’t seen in over a decade. The past couple years have taken a few of my loved ones from me, so now I feel like I have to make the effort to be with them whenever possible. The way Time flies, life is short no matter how long you live. The loving energy I felt from being around so many relatives without the phoniness and tension that family sometimes deal with was priceless to me.. and to top it off, most of the food tasted so good. I’m literally daydreaming of a plate right now. Happy Holidays everyone!