FedEx Networking

It’s about 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning / Saturday night , and I’m just getting home from Georgia via JetBlue layover flight in Boston. I can’t chill just yet. I have a project due Mondayand I want to get it done like ASAP. I dropped my bags, grabbed my materials and headed to the 24 hour FedEx Kinkos in the city. When i got there it was spacious and only 1 other person there, wich was great. I had already been working on the project while I was away so I finished up rather quickly but, of course there had to be a problem. The copier/ printer didn’t seem to agree with the type of paper I was trying to print on… What I call, one of the many moments of uugh!! With a couple of sighs in between. I have used FedEx copy machines on several occasions so I figured I knew what I was doing but, after a while I had to ask one of the associates for help. A young lady helped me and it seemec to work but that was on standard paper. I’m using a heavier textured paper so the process is a little different. After trying another machine and bothering the staff a couple more times they agreed to try to print it behind the counter themselves. While waiting for the printing process, the supervisor saw my project up on the monitor said City Tech, and asked if I was a student. We began talking and I informed him that I was an advertising major. It turns out, he got his bachelors degree in a CDMG course at New York City Tech back in 2015. He had been working at FedEx for five years but recently put in his two weeks after landing a position as a production manager for some company which he did not disclose (and I didn’t want to pry). He says he sees work from different students all over the city and even though our school isn’t considered to be “highly reputable” we have more concise work guidelines, do better projects and overall receive a better education compared to some of the higher ranking Schools. He advised me of different job titles and categories that pertain to my degree in order to better conduct my job search once I graduate. It was a small staff but they were courteous and very helpful. I ended up exchanging contact information with the supervisor. Hopefully he’ll be forthcoming with more valuable information in the future.