salam seck cover letter

SALAM SECK

TEL # 646 4079643

Email: salam 1843@hotmail.com

Agss0113@gmail.com

DATE: 02/26/15

Cisco Telecom Engineer

Dead Sir/Madame

I would like to apply for a casual survey assistant role within your company, < Cisco Telecom Engineer >.

I believe this position would provide a great opportunity to futher my chosen career. My willingness to work hard and build my skill base will make me a good candidate for the job. I am currently undertaking relevant studies at RMIT in a diploma of surveying.

My coursework has introduced me to AutoCAD, Knowledge of CTC/CTM; Netsmart, CyMS , Experience in designing and building Cisco transport networks over Fujitsu Fiber Optic DWDM networks is a plus, and also field work with chaining and the leica total station to complete a survey each week. I currently hold a valid victorian automatic driver’s license and have my own vehicle.

The high level of practicality in my course will decrease your required training time and mean I am well prepared to assist with fieldwork.

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Regards,

<Salam Seck>

2 thoughts on “salam seck cover letter

1. dorothy

Reverse Engineer the Letter: Without looking at the job ad/listing, read the letter. Then write down what you think the job ad says—you are reverse engineering the letter/ad by doing this—trying to see if you can figure out the job adjust from the letter.
    I think the job listing is asking for computer skills and strong ability to problem solve and can work well under pressure.
    Read the job ad. Were you close in your reverse engineering attempt? If you were, then the letter probably meets with some of the employer’s needs. If you weren’t, has the author missed understanding the employer’s needs? Or have they just emphasized certain things and overlooked others?
    I believe I was close in my engineering attempt. I believe the applicant fits the needs of the company. I do not believe anything was overlooked.
    • Does the letter make the person applying seem like a good applicant; an unappealing applicant; or an outstanding applicant?
    I believe the applicant would make an outstanding applicant for the company.
    • Explain why and how you made the judgment in #3. If the applicant was not an outstanding candidate, explain what you think the author needs to do to get into a higher pile.
    I believe this applicant would make it to the top of the file because of his qualifications and motivation.

• Is the letter free of spelling, mechanical, and grammar errors? Let the author know about the errors you see.
    This letter is free from grammatical errors and spelling

2. Kenny

1. Reverse Engineer the Letter: Without looking at the job ad/listing, read the letter. Then write down what you think the job ad says—you are reverse engineering the letter/ad by doing this—trying to see if you can figure out the job ad just from the letter.

I believe the job ad is about cisco engineer survey position. It probably deals with surveying a tech machine of some sort.

2. Read the job ad. Were you close in your reverse engineering attempt? If you were, then the letter probably meets with some of the employer’s needs. If you weren’t, has the author missed understanding the employer’s needs? Or have they just emphasized certain things and overlooked others?

Yeah, I was close to in my reverse engineering attempt.

3. Does the letter make the person applying seem like a good applicant; an unappealing applicant; or an outstanding applicant?

The letter make the person applying look like an outstanding applicant.

4. Explain why and how you made the judgment in #3. If the applicant was not an outstanding candidate, explain what you think the author needs to do to get into a higher pile.

The letter makes the applicant look outstanding because he explains about his devotion to learn and improve. Not only is he hard working, he is well versed in some of several skills Cisco Telecom look for.

5. Is the letter free of spelling, mechanical, and grammar errors? Let the author know about the errors you see.

The letter is free from spelling error and mechanical error.However, the letter is not free from grammar errors. There is a run-on (fragment) sentence in paragraph two sentence one.

“My coursework has introduced me to AutoCAD, Knowledge of CTC/CTM; Netsmart, CyMS , Experience in designing and building Cisco transport networks over Fujitsu Fiber Optic DWDM networks is a plus, and also field work with chaining and the leica total station to complete a survey each week. I currently hold a valid victorian automatic driver’s license and have my own vehicle.”

Its bit of a long sentence. How about changing it up a bit. Maybe breaking your sentence down into three different sentences. For example, you can stop your first line sentence after CyMS. Begin another sentence with (I have) Experience in designing and. End this sentence after network. Beginning your third sentence after network and ending with each week.