Cover letter-Surendra Khadka

T-Mobile

Dear Hiring Manager,

I’m interested in your posting on LinkedIn for an Engineer for RF Deployment, and I think you will find I am an exceptional candidate for this position. As a Pricing Analyst professional for over seven years and a recently graduated student from engineering school, I know my diverse skills, qualifications and education will make an asset to the T-mobile team.

As you can see in the attached resume, I have been through the high tides of financial crisis of 2008 and number of different acquisitions and merger of the company after that. I have seen 101 ways for failure of a company and learned a lot from these failures. With profit and loss analysis over the years, I have helped company save millions of dollars. With initiation to numerous automation of software, I have helped manage data effectively and efficiently which helped reduce manpower.

I am passionate fan of mobile communication system since 2004 when I studied wireless communication and Antenna design for the first time. I have been following T-mobile’s 4G LTE deployment since the beginning. It’s a positive result that the “Un-carrier” move of T-mobile has revolutionized U.S. cellular communication landscape.

I am thrilled at the possibility of being involved in RF Deployment. I would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value I can bring to T-mobile. I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Surendra Khadka

Enclosure: Resume.

2 thoughts on “Cover letter-Surendra Khadka

1. Starbwoy

• Reverse Engineer the Letter: Without looking at the job ad/listing, read the letter. Then write down what you think the job ad says—you are reverse engineering the letter/ad by doing this—trying to see if you can figure out the job ad just from the letter.
    I think this job says that the company called T-Mobile are seeking workers in the field of radio frequency engineer, with work experience and a bachelor’s degree.

• Read the job ad. Were you close in your reverse engineering attempt? If you were, then the letter probably meets with some of the employer’s needs. If you weren’t, has the author missed understanding the employer’s needs? Or have they just emphasized certain things and overlooked others?
    Yes, I was correct in my reverse engineering attempt.

• Does the letter make the person applying seem like a good applicant; an unappealing applicant; or an outstanding applicant?
    The letter makes Surendra seems like an outstanding applicant

• Explain why and how you made the judgment in #3. If the applicant was not an outstanding candidate, explain what you think the author needs to do to get into a higher pile.
    I came to this judgment because he gave an example of a skill that he can bring to this company.

• Is the letter free of spelling, mechanical, and grammar errors? Let the author know about the errors you see.
    You are missing the word “that” in the second line of the first paragraph, and the word “me” in the last sentence. In the second paragraph you miss the “s” on numbers, and it would be better to write out the whole word instead of saying “101”

2. dorothy

Reverse Engineer the Letter: Without looking at the job ad/listing, read the letter. Then write down what you think the job ad says—you are reverse engineering the letter/ad by doing this—trying to see if you can figure out the job adjust from the letter.
    I think the job listing is asking for computer skills and strong ability to problem solve and can work well under pressure.
    Read the job ad. Were you close in your reverse engineering attempt? If you were, then the letter probably meets with some of the employer’s needs. If you weren’t, has the author missed understanding the employer’s needs? Or have they just emphasized certain things and overlooked others?
    I believe I was close in my engineering attempt. I believe the applicant fits the needs of the company. I do not believe anything was overlooked.
    I believe the applicant would make an outstanding applicant for the company.
    I believe this applicant would make it to the top of the file because of his qualifications and motivation.

This letter is free from grammatical errors and spelling