6 – 7: Peer Review Resumes
7 – 8: Cover Letter Format & Drafting
Instructions (6pm – 7pm)
1. If you haven’t already, please submit your resume (first draft) to me for review. I prefer that you submit it through our online assignment uploader and preferably in PDF format.
2. Quick Discussion of Active Verbs — elements of bullet points!
3. Peer Review: Trade your resume with the person seated next to you, or nearby. If there are odd numbers, trade more than once. Just make sure you’re looking at someone else’s resume.
- Take 10-15 minutes to review your partner’s resume by responding to these questions: Resume Peer Review Questions.
- Take another 5-10 minutes to discuss one another’s resumes.
Instructions (7pm – 8pm)
1) Review this guide to Cover Letter content and formatting, and
3) Choose one job to apply to from your mini-job search.
4) Begin a draft of your cover letter for this position in class today. This should go in a new blog post titled “Your Name – Cover Letter.” Please categorize this post under the cover letter category.
HW for Next Thursday: Cover Letters Due for In-Class Review. Please bring two hard copies to class.