Mini job search

About You:

• What are your main qualifications, strengths, skills, and areas of expertise?
  1. Ability to analyze, design, and implement telecommunications systems.
  2. Ability to analyze and implement switching technologies, wide area network technologies, and policy.
  3. Ability to manage, design, and plan wide area networks.
  4. Ability to utilize statistics/probability, transforms methods, or applied differential equations in support of telecommunications systems and wide area networks.
  5. I know I to used the following software:
  6. Microsoft Visio
  7. Microsoft office suite( word, excel, power point, outlook, access, Publisher)
  8. Microsoft Visio Studio(C++)
  9. Mat lab
  10. Multisim

• What position(s)—or type of position—are you seeking?

Answers: The positions that I am interested in are technical operations manager, network designer, traffic analyst, data communications manager, and telecommunications consultants

• What are some of your professional goals?
  1. I would like to work for a company were personal growth is encourage.
  2. I also want to use my knowledge to contribute to the growth of the company.
  3. I also want to use my knowledge to the satisfaction of the clients of the companies that will for in the future.
  • What type of organization or work setting are you most interested in?

Answer: I am more interested in working at Verizon

About Employers (synthesize answers based on what most commonly appeared on your job listings):

• What qualifications and skills are most desired by employers in your field?

1. Bachelor Degree in, Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Data Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred. Minimum of Associate Degree, 2 year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required
  2. Intermediate training in at least (3) of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
  3. Experience and knowledge of transmission facility
  4. Demonstrated knowledge of LAN/ WAN protocols is required. Experience with TCP/IP and IP routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, and BGP).
  5. A valid driver’s is required
  6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook is required
  7. Assembles and mounts communications equipment, transmission and operator facilities such as data, mobile radio, carrier, microwave, video, digital and other general switching equipment.
  8. Performs complex wiring operations including fanning, forming, dressing, splicing and cross connections.
  9. Works from detailed engineering specifications, circuit sheets, schematic drawings, detail change sheets. D. Performs circuit tests and clears troubles encountered in wiring or equipment.
  • What positions are available on the job market? What are they titled?

The position that are available on the Job market are

1. Technical operations manager
  2. Network designer, traffic analyst
  3. Data communications manager
  4. Telecommunications consultants
  5. PBX technician
  6. Optical fiber technician
  7. Radio frequency specialist

• What are some goals of these organizations that interest you?
  1. They believe that technology can help solve our biggest social problems.
  2. They want make high speed internet available to everybody
  • What kinds of organizations are now hiring?

The organization that are hiring are:

1. Verizon
  2. Cisco
  3. Frontier
  4. Telx
  5. Sprint
  6. T-Mobile
  7. UBM
  • What kind of content-specific skills do they want?

They want the employee to have the ability to Assembles and mounts communications equipment, transmission and operator facilities such as data, mobile radio, carrier, microwave, video, digital and other general switching equipment

• What kind of communication (written, verbal, etc.) do they want?
  1. They want the candidate to have strong   English verbal and writing communication skills
  2. They want the candidate to speak a foreign language but that is optional

• How do you think your education here at City Tech and your hands-on work experience (perhaps as an intern or in another type of job) has prepared you (or not prepared you) to meet these employers’ needs?

I never work as an intern but I do believe that technique that they teach me at City Tech can contribute to my experience.