“MoneyMakingMaisha’s” Introduction

531916_10151741273336274_435327143_nHi my name is Maisha and my interest are my personal advancements in healthcare. I aspire to be a Health Services Administrator in the near future. I hope to administrate or manage a healthcare facility in which I would be giving back to the community with great service. My hobbies consist of higher education, working extra hours at work, singing in church, occasionally internet surfing and social media, attending concerts and comedy shows along with spending quality time with family.

Since 2009, I am a returning student at New York City College of Technology and my experiences at the college have been somewhat challenging, motivating but very exciting all at the same time. This past summer I didn’t travel anywhere. Instead I stayed home and enjoyed the school free days and spent lots of time with family. For this current semester I intend on studying hard and achieving good grades in all my classes.

As a writer I am not very confident of my skills. I feel I take extremely too long to express my feelings. I often misspell words and tend to have some grammatical errors that I am not proud of. For example, describing details as to what, when, why, where, or how something took place and how it affected me can be challenging. I dislike writing simply because it takes way too long to think of what I am going to write and I don’t like anything that takes too long. Nevertheless, one of my main reasons for returning back to school was to improve my basic skills in reading, writing, and math and things seem to be going very well.

On the topic of technology; I have minimal knowledge in technology. However, my technical knowledge consists of knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other forms of Medical billing software and interfaces. I assume that a technical writing course would consist of tools that are essential in the world today. Case in point, resumes, cover letters, blogs, and other forms of media are all used to market oneself. I expect that to learn the necessary writing skills needed for the career world.