Kurtis – Introduction

Ā 

My name is Kurtis Wallace. I am 22 years old and I want to be in the advertising business. Ever since I was a little kid Iā€™ve always had an interest in commercials and other forms of advertising. My one hobby that I enjoy doing is drawing, mostly sketches in pencil. I donā€™t write very often but two of my strengths are that I use good grammar in my writing and I have great spelling skills. My one weakness in writing is probably my punctuation. I dislike writing long drawn out explanations unless the subject that I am writing about is interesting to me. Ā Usually I get straight to the point in my writing. Majoring in advertising has allowed me the opportunity Ā to work in many different programs. The three that I am most skilled at using are Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and Adobe Illustrator. These three programs make up most of my technological background. I use these three programs to make posters, billboards and book covers.

Technical writing sounds like writing multiple paragraphs on a particular subject in great detail. The phrase ā€œgetting technicalā€ means to go into specifics usually about a person, place, thing or idea. Iā€™m assuming that this advanced career writing class will help to inform me about what technical writing is and how to use it. Going forward I will probably use this skill to help me get an internship and then a career.