“Introduction” Posts (Due @ end of class, Thursday, Feb. 5)
In order to start exploring the site, getting comfortable with posting/adding media (blogging), practicing reflective writing, and getting to know one another, please make sure to create an initial post that introduces yourself to the class.
This Introductory Post is due no later than the end of class on Thursday, Feb. 5.
Content of Posts
Tell us a bit about yourself … what are your interests, hobbies, desires? Your experiences at City Tech? Career goals? What you did over summer break? What do you plan to do this semester/winter? Share some photos of you (you can either pull a photo from the web if you have one up there, upload one from your computer, or … you can even take one right now!) and your family, friends, neighborhood, etc. Practice adding a link and maybe even a video to your post too.
At the end of your post, please address (in at least a paragraph) the following questions (not necessarily in this order):
- What your strengths/weaknesses as a writer in general?
- What do you enjoy/dislike most about writing (in general)?
- What is your background with using technology (it’s OK if you don’t have any!)?
- What is your sense of what technical writing is? Don’t do any research for this … just state what you think it is, prior to entering the course.
- What are your expectations for this course (what you think you will learn and what you hope you will learn)? Any questions?
Categorizing/Commenting on Posts
Don’t forget to categorize your post as “Introductions” (and uncheck “Uncategorized” if it is checked already by default). If you forget to do so before you “publish” your post, you can go back and edit/update it after the fact.
Early next week (before class), browse through everyone’s posts (if you choose the “Introductions” category for the right side of the homepage, you will be taken to all of these posts) and drop comments to get some conversation going!