Cooper Hewitt Field Trip Assignment

Cooper Hewitt Museum is one of the most interesting museum I’ve visited. The location of the museum is very interesting. The museum is located in the Upper East Side in Manhattan which is a residential area therefore I can only assume how hard it would be for the museum to survive. The museum itself is an art itself. The architecture of the building, the location, and the garden everything comes together to create an amusing environment for the visitors. The exhibits includes artworks from ancient artifacts to digital holographic wallprints. It includes sculpture, clothes, wooden works, typographic works, illustrations and more. The museum is always full of new artworks that was never seen there before. This makes the place more interesting and causes my visitors to keep coming back.
265642_3fe24fe4da2d42f4_b

POSTER, GOOD NEWS FROM IRAN, EMERGING IRANIAN ARTISTS, 2013

The poster was designed by Homa Delvaray in 2013. The image is digitally created. The poster was designed by Homa Delvaray in 2013. The image is digitally created. I chose this image because the colors that was used it the image are very bright and outstanding. The use of various colors creates a balance of cool and warm colors throughout the image. The typography that’s used in the image matches the playful theme of the poster.The letters are giants and colorful which makes more very playful. The poster has a child-like playful feeling and that speak to me. It makes me feel calm inside. I love surrealistic arts and digital imagery and this picture has both.

269364_5f9ebc42b614bc22_b

SCALE MODELS, ARCHITECTURE IS EVERYWHERE, 2015

The scale models were one of my favorite piece of art from Cooper Hewitt. The scale was created by Sou Fujimoto Architects. The series was made for 2015 Chicago Architecture Biennial. The series was made using different types of objects such as matchbox, staples, plastics bottles, steel, paper, fabrics etc. Every piece of the series contains some little humans which is interacting with the objects. First time I passed by the series I did not see the little people. But when I passed by them one more time, I saw the little people and I was surprised. The first thing that came to mind was the book Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift. It’s a story about a man who travels to a land where people are very small. The small people were the one that caught everyone’s attention.

91810_02257685995f73d0_b

TEXTILE, PARACHUTES, 1926–28

Parachutes was designed by Pierre Mourgue and the Stehli Silk Corporation. The textile was made by silk and the image was screen printed. This print was made by using cool colors. The color scheme uses blue, cyan, white and a very light cyan. I like this piece because the image has a peaceful feeling to it. I love the color scheme and the repetition of the parachute in the image. I choose this work because I have a great interest in fabric and I hope to start my own clothing line in future. This piece of silk is beautiful and it’s something