Journal #16 Cooper Hewitt

Cooper Hewitt Museum is a very interesting museum in the city. It is small it has a beautiful structure and history. There was an exhibition that was related to birds. The were a few piece of work in there that were admirable. There was an ostrich egg with designed curved in it. It also had a few different types of birds’ stuffed version.

I truly loved the pieces  Scenic wallpaper: The Color Of landscape by Carnovsky which is a print of three landscapes under three colors and each appears depending on the light it exposed under. I think I will try to create a piece similar to that over the summer. It was pictures of three different ladscape. I believe it was printed three different times in the paper instead of printing all three colors together . cyan colored painting get exposed under the blue light, and vise versa with other colors and lights.

Another piece i liked was Nurtured by Paul Rand. Paul Rand has a style of design which can be recognize with his color of black, white and red. It’s a picture of an egg which was used to re imagine eggs in a creative way.

There was a video in the same room playing on the wall. It was very abstract I liked it a lot.  I forgot to take a picture of the credit so I dont quite remember who the artist is but it was truly a calm and peaceful video to look into. it was very soothing

This entry was posted in Internship Journals. Bookmark the permalink.