Journal 12 # IRA and 401 pension plan

We spend a lot of time in class talking about why it is important to save up for pension or putting aside a small portion of our pays for it. TO be brutally honest, I was never the type of person to do something like that. I live in the moment and spend it all without thinking twice.  But after listening to the podcast I started thinking twice about it. I am young now but I won’t be the same in the future. Saving for the days I will be old and weak to work is very important. I think I will definitely consider doing that with my first job. I was talking to my coworkers and none of them actually have either one but what do put away money aside. I think it is because they are not looking to be at a single place for a long term and in this day and age people doesn’t want to work at the same company for rest of their lives. People want to travel and gain experience and see the unseen right now instead of waiting till they’re old and too weak to do that but either way they are investing in themselves. At the end of the day, that all matters. To invest in yourself.