Dental Serenity, NYC (2014-2015)

Dental Serenity is an upscale,  modern general and cosmetic dental practice in NYC. It provides an array of services ranging from preventative, restorative, endodontic and orthodontic treatment. They also specialize in Invisalign treatment and Six-Month-Smiles cosmetic orthodontic brackets. During my time with Dental Serenity, I was able to build life long patient relationships and earn a tremendous amount of knowledge in the dental field. However, due to my decision to pursue a career in Dental Hygiene, my schedule did not permit me to continue my employment with the practice. My responsibilities while I was there included but are not limited to the following:

• Lead office receptionist and patient care coordinator that was responsible for developing treatment plan appointments, fees, insurance billing, employee schedules, interviewing potential employees and collecting payments.
  • All patient communication was done with me prior to their appointments and after their appointments.
  • Registered the practice as a participating doctor with multiple insurance carriers, appealed claims, updated licenses, developed a recall system and collection policy.
  • Updated and responded to all patient reviews and search engines pertaining to the practice, including social media.
  • Networked with other specialists in the NYC area and developed outstanding relationships which in return developed into a high patient base referral system.
  • Managed all outgoing laboratory cases and Invisalign inventory.

Some of the patient reviews we received during my time there.

(Please note patient names and treating doctors names have been blocked out.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAVID MOMTAHENI, D.M.D, NYC (2013-2014)
Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and Oral & Maxillofacial Pathologist

A prestigious oral surgery practice right in the heart of Rockefeller Center. This practice specializes in orthognathic surgery, dental implants, TMJ, oral pathology, oral cancer treatment, trauma and reconstructive surgery and extractions. Dr. Momtaheni is one of sixteen combined Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists in the United States. He has been sought after for his expertise by patients, the New York Times and many dental and medical journals. During my time employed here I developed an incredible amount of skill and knowledge which include:

• Trained on the job in taking panoramic radiographs, CT and Cephalometric scans, making study casts/models and preparing oral pathology diagnosis reports.
  • Receptionist and insurance biller, communicated and set up surgical testing and orthognathic surgeries with Columbia Medical Center for patients undergoing surgery.
  • Assisted in various types of extractions, implant placements, excisions of benign and malignant oral tumors and post op surgical treatment.
  • Sterilized instruments, disinfected operatory, changed solutions for manual radiograph developing and calibrated CT scan unit.