- Name of Hotel: The Mountain
700 Kanawauke Rd, Stony Point, NY 10980
- Hotel Mission Statement:
Our landscape hotel is located inside the Bear Mountain. We differentia to a typical hotel, guest accommodating in a large building with onsite amenities, we offer a silent, independent, simple and natural landscape environment- for guest to chill in our cabins, exploring the top view at Bear mountain and bonding friendship in our camping fire. We integrate the nature and man-made material into a place for leisure accommodation. Our main mission is escaping from lousy, refreshing oneself.
- Three Key Physical Features:
- All of our wooden cabins are designed and assembled in James Campbell Construction, a local building company, and parked our cabins inside our wood site. In addition, each cabin is accommodated for various size of group visitors, from a couple to a family, and assembled with basic household equipment and tableware. We name our cabins with our employee’s name.
- Outside, we have offered a beautiful and memorial night sky view with a high possibility to catch numerous shining stars above. Inside, our signature artifact, a large skylight window and one side wall constructed in glass provide a see-through view.
- We have placed our cabins surrounding one natural lake, however, the natural lake would be guest’s backyard and enjoy swimming and fishing in own territory.
- Three Key Services:
- We have a team of professional hiking experts which able to lead a group of 4-10 guests, climbing and walking through and explore the beautiful views of wood, and finish at top of mountain. Our hiking routes have three level of difficulty: easy, moderate, hard, which is suitable for different type of guests: family, friend and hiking Sparta.
- Our partnership with Dandelion Hill Farm, a local farm planting various produces, allow guests to purchase or pick their own freshest ingredients. Each day, we have three shuttle bus-morning, noon, afternoon-to bring guests farm. We believe one hand-crafted meal worth double nutrition of frozen food or fast food.
- We’re surely advocated the important of protecting our environment and build up a sustainable lodging. We gain from nature and also give back to nature. We have a special way to end our guest reservation, we offer our guest to plant a tree in a nearby empty field.
- The staffs in the hotel require licenses of basic life support, lifeguard and survival training; these trainings are free for the employees to ensure they can handle any accident in the mountain.
- In order to encourage staffs to work effectively, everyone has a month extra bonus at the end of the year. Moreover, each month have a best staff from customers voting that receive cash $200, it can provide their best service to customers in this constructive competition.
- Every staff receives the hotel “family invitation”, therefore, staffs can bring their family to join this nature. Each staff have 1 free room for 4 people can stay in the hotel for 3 nights with their family, they can enjoy the family time and create more unforgettable memory in here.
- Ethical Self Evaluation
The Mountain welcomes everyone to work in our hotel. We’re eager to have anyone to join our team not regarding gender, religion, culture and age. We only require our applicants to prove if they are allowed legally work in United States. We ensure to create an equal environment and create opportunities to self-improvement for our staff.
- Marketing Persona: Our hotel attempts to raise awareness of the warning of our environment and protect the beauty of our planet. We welcome everyone to experience what our nature gives us. Peggy lives in NYC and just graduated from college. She works in one of Big Four accounting firms and gains tone of work pressure from work. Working overtime is a common routine for her. She often travels with family member or close friend or alone to The Mountain six to seven times a year. She enjoys staying in a quiet and comfort environment that The Mountain offer, escaping from fast-paced city and hiding in the wood. She likes to join our hiking team to climb to top of mountain as a way to releasing her stress. Her favorite time is when she wakes up and a forest greets her which enlighten her day. It’s also a good place for meditation. The Mountain is designed and advocated to have guests spend their time for themselves to relax, not for work or phone. Peggy finds plenty of labor and water activities to refreshing herself.
- Marketing Editorial Calendar:
The Mountain opens May 01, 2018
Post 1- April 15, 2018
Title: Working in Wood at The Mountain
A blog post about hiring different positions at The Mountain and also welcome students looking a summer job. The post will include a list of required qualifications and job duties.
Post 2- May 01, 2018
Title: Opening day at The Mountain
A blog post about the opening day at hotel including activities like musical concert, food trucks. We offer a promotion on our cabin rate. We also start accepting application for Kayak Competition on May 12, 2018
Post 3- May 05, 2018
Title: Planting own produce
We announce to partner with local farm, Dandelion Hill Farm, to provide an area for guest to pick their own produce to cook. Guests allow to plant any seed of produce into field.
Post 4-May 12, 2018
Title: Kayak Competition
A blog post about a lot of people from New York City, Boston, Albany join our event. The winner will get a prize of $1000 and three-day two-night lodging in our hotel.
Post 5- May 19, 2018
Title: Cabin and Forest
Highlights our cabins are designed and assembled in a trustful company, James Campbell Construction and how they safely placed inside the wood. Emphasize we attempt to separate our guests from technology and integer them into nature, that is the reason of no having Wi-Fi or TV provided.
Post 6- May 26, 2018
Title: Environment Friendly is our goal
Highlights we only provide environment-friendly and harmless shampoo, conditioner, body wash and detergent in our cabins.
- Staff Hashtags
- # MovieTime
- Influencer Tags
- Signature Food & Beverage:
Our seasonal dish in winter is Hot Pot. It’s a Chinese dish, a simmering pot of soup stock. While the soup is simmering, prepared ingredients is placed inside the pot to cook fully. It has choice of spicy or mild base stock. It’s a common dish to eat in winter to keep people warm. Guests has choice to pick freshest produce in Dandelion Hill Farm and fish their own fish, or purchase prepared ingredients from our store. We sell various ingredients such as mushroom, cabbage, boy Cho, lettuce and sliced fish, sliced fat beef. And frozen shrimp. Our guest will enjoy their hot pot in their own cabin, a dish for a group of people sitting around the pot to eating and talking which enhance friendship and unite family. The warm air will sweep away coldness. It alights with the servicescape at our see-through glass wall while outside is snowing because the temperature in our mountain is very cold at night and having a hot pot can keep guest warm. In addition, guest has a chance to eat the freshest ingredients obtained by their labor.
- Service Recovery: Customers complain that when they arrive in the hotel, the heat system takes very long time to reach to the desirable temperature during winter. The hotel located on bear mountain therefore the temperature is lower than other areas and the heat system requires longer time to heat up in the freezing environment. Therefore, our stuffs turn on the heat before customers arrive the cabin and ensure that the customers satisfy with it.