Week 2 of Culmination Project 09/21/15

This week I receive a tip from the CLT Rudy Guerrero, I was working in the light lab on my 3D drawing, then Rudy came into a room and I told him that I was having trouble with one piece on my 3D drawing of the wooden body for my lamp, the trouble i was having was i had to do different layering for the LEDs, Plexi to cover the LEDs and then a lip for the outer shell; His tip was the commands subtract, union, 3D move, 3D rotate, and using different 3D views to work on drawing, All of which I didn’t know because 3D AutoCAD is new to me. Then I had my First meeting with John McCullough to show my 3D drawing for my lamp, and he approved of my drafting, But the question a raised which materials would be cut on which CNC machine and all materials be cut on the machine I had in mind except for the 1/2″ plexi given to me which I wanted to cut on the CNC laser machine which it might be too thick for, so John McCullough advised me to come up with a plan of which CNC machine would be used to cut what materials.