Eric: The effect of covid-19 on my life and education

Download (PDF, 36KB)

1. Akmal

In the ​ “effect of covid-19 on my life and education” Eric White writes about how COVID-19 effected his life and tells personal experience to online education. White says he expected to go college and meet new friends and be around big community. In addition he thought online classes may will not comfortable to learn but now he already adapted to learn online and during online classes he knows more about his computer to use on the different ways. White thinks Opening schools for younger kids is dangerous because there heigh risk to catch the virus and he thinks learning online will be more protect kids from hazardous virus. White thinks take a distance from asian people will more safe and he also supports Donald Trump’s decision of the law to close Tik Tok and don’t keep connection with China in purpose to escape of virus.

I like White’s ideas about current events and be the way explaining with details. I support his opinion about closing schools for young kids to meet in person in classes because it will be mor safe for kids and teachers. I like his motivation to study and keep leaning even it’s difficult time. In addition he studying at home additional after online classes. I believe he will be successful with his great ideas in college and get good grades class works.

I have a question for White, what educational departments should create to make learning from online more easier andy better?

2. Richard Fernandez

Eric White’s Essay is about how the COVID-19 pandemic has effected his life, and education. He mentions that he thought that online learning wouldn’t be good for him at first, but was eventually able to adapt, and says that online learning has helped him understand his computer better from using it more often now than before the pandemic. He now believes that all schools should stay closed, and all classes should stay online to protect kids from the virus. He says that until the pandemic is over he wont truly be able to back to his normal life though.

I liked reading the section where he says “even though I am stuck doing everything online doing college online has its benefits it helped me understand my computer much better because before covid-19 I didn’t really use my pc that much so I only knew the basics on how to use it”. It tells me that he is doing a great job at adapting, and still trying to be successful even during these hard times.

One question that I have for Eric White is, what do you think about hybrid classes where one group of students are online for one week, and then in the classroom the next week?

3. otavia

1. Eric’s story talks about covid is afecting him as well as his older brother who is teacher. he explained to us that covid showed him how much he does not have access to a lot reserious he normally. He mentioned to us that his brother has to return to school to teacher his high school students and he don’t feel safe going back because it too risky.

2. i like the part when he atlak about his brother thoughts on the situation, i like this part becauseit gives a little insist on how teachers feel. no one really hear what teachers are saying if they are saying anything. its good to hear about the same situation from a different point of view.

3. do you think your brother is prepare and if not how can you help in this situation.