Anaya Massiah: Education Narrative

Download (PDF, 64KB)

1. fatoumata magiraga

Anaya story was about her having good communication with her teacher. she really wasn’t a school child. Always trying to stay home and not go to school. But her going to school and having a good connection with her teacher was something she liked about it. One thing that stood out to me in her story was “No matter how hard you try to work, you won’t reach your full potential unless you take a moment to melt into what you’re doing.” I like this quote because if you put your mind to something you want to do or become than it will eventually happen soon but if you give up right away with no explanation than what you want to do wont happen. A question I have is If that teacher Ms.Salmon wasn’t there to help or motivate you do you think you would be successful?

2. Maurine

Anaya Massiah “Motivation” story is about how her middle school teacher “Ms. Salmon” exposed her to writing which made her set her mind right about the true definition of education . Anaya didn’t like school growing up. She didn’t even want to attend school she rather be home . During middle school her relationship with Ms.Salmon in the beginning was bad but it got better when she taught the class a specific topic she liked .Anaya became interested and changed her ways in Ms. Salmon class. It was not until 11th grade in high school she fully got it together.
    The section that stands out to me is “These children aren’t unteachable, just unmotivated, bored, and insecure.” because I myself and people I know felt like that too. Walking into school everyday I asked myself why am I here ? I felt bored sometimes and the only thing that made school fun was the friends I had.
    One question that I have is why do you like writing ?