For today’s Session 7, you will finish your first draft of the Educational Narrative and post it on  the OpenLab as a post.

For today’s session:

1. Read: Ron DePeter’s “How to Write Meaningful Peer Response Praise”
  2. Watch:  this technology video presentation, How to Create and Post a  PDF File on the OpenLab
  3. Finish: the first draft of your Education Narrative
  4. Create: a pdf file of your finished Education Narrative
  5. Complete: the  Participation Activity below–post your Education Narrative onto an OpenLab post before 7 am on Tuesday, Sept. 21 (Note: the deadline is a few hours earlier so I can prepare groups for our Peer Review)
  6. Remember: our Peer Review session on Tuesday will be configured into the grade for your first essay. If you want a good grade on the essay, don’t skip Tuesday’s session! Post your own and participate by commenting on the group you are in!  On Tuesday, I will provide a detailed video about how Peer Review works, the technology instructions for how you will comment , and instructions and advice for coming up with meaningful things to say.

Participation Activity

(Due before 7 am Tuesday, Sept. 21  for attendance credit)

After watching the technology video presentation, “How to Make and Post a PDF File on the OpenLab,” post the first draft of your Education Narrative onto the OpenLab for Peer Review.  Remember to post before 7 am on Tuesday, Sept. 21. On Tuesday, I will have a detailed video about how Peer Review works. For this current session, focus on finishing your essay and posting it.

Note: The deadline for this session’s  participation activity  is 7 am instead of 10 am on Tuesday, so I can divide you into groups for Peer Review in our next session.

Questions about something on our TO-DO List? Email me anytime at: jsears@citytech.cuny.edu 

We can also meet online for office hours on Zoom.
Office hours are:

11-noon on Tuesdays; 11:45 am-12:45 pm on Thursdays