individual strengths

Nursing is a profession that I choose because I wanted to help people and my self because I knew that I was built for nursing. My personal strengths in communication are the basic need for a great career in nursing especially when it comes to speaking and listening to patients and colleagues.  I am able to follow directions without a problem and can easily communicate with patients and families.  Which makes me able to advocate for my clients and anticipate their needs.   The ability to accept suffering and death without letting it get personal is crucial as aspect of healthcare.   The ability to help my patients and their family thru stressful situation gives me the ability to bond with my patients and form meaningful relationships that allows my patient to trust me.  I pay great attention to detail; I make sure not to skip steps or make errors because attention to detail can literally be the difference between life and death.  It is important to check your work and ask your coworkers for help if you don’t understand something.  That’s why my excellent interpersonal skills make me a great nurse to have.  I was built for nursing my high energy level and my ability to think critically.