Library Professors Morris Hounion and Keith Muchowski (pictured above, l to r) cleared an entire shelving unit (no small feat considering the college’s archival holdings) for the approximately twelve boxes of unshelved materials from the original donation and English Professor Aaron Barlow’s recent Philip K. Dick book donation. I filled several shelves with the PKD books (pictured below), which leaves three-and-a-half shelves available for boxed materials.
Tag Archives: Philip K. Dick
Prof. Aaron Barlow Donates Philip K. Dick Books to the City Tech Science Fiction Collection
Prof. Aaron Barlow donated a considerable collection of Philip K. Dick novels, anthologies, and scholarship to the City Tech Science Fiction Collection on 22 March 2018.
At a glance, the 124-item donation includes all of Dick’s Science Fiction and posthumously published mainstream fiction. Additionally, the donation includes a lot of PKD research and criticism.
Some of the standout items donated include:
- Philip K. Dick’s Underwood Miller 5-Volume, Boxed Set of Collected Short Stories (Vol. 1, Beyond Lies the Wub; Vol. 2, Second Variety; Vol. 3, The Father-Thing; Vol. 4, The Days of Perky Pat; and Vol. 5, The Little Black Box)
- Philip K. Dick’s Gregg Press Publications (Eye in the Sky, Vulcan’s Hammer, The Zap Gun, The World Jones Made, and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch)
- Philip K. Dick’s Gollancz Edition of Galactic Pot-Healer
- Philip K. Dick’s Ziesing Edition of The Dark Haired Girl
- Lawrence Sutin’s In Pursuit of VALIS: Selections from the Exegesis
- Gregg Rickman’s To the High Castle: Philip K. Dick, A Life 1928-1962
- Gregg Rickman’s Philip K. Dick In His Own Words
- Gregg Rickman’s Philip K. Dick: The Last Testament
- Paul William’s Only Apparently Real
- Patricia Warrick’s Mind in Motion: The Fiction of Philip K. Dick
- Patricia Warrick and Martin Greenberg’s Robots, Androids, and Mechanical Oddieis: The Science Fiction of Philip K. Dick